The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is a part of the Railway Recruitment Control Board. Each year it conducts various examinations to recruit staff for Group C, Group D, Assistant Loco Pilot and various other positions in the railways.
However, to apply for the RRB Group D 2022, you would need to know the educational qualification, age limit that forms a part of the RRB Group D exam eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for Group D
The eligibility criteria for Group D exams are prescribed by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). The criteria comprise four main tenets that a candidate needs to fulfil before applying for the exam. They are:
- Age Limit
- Medical Qualification
- Educational requirements
The RRB has laid these criteria and made it mandatory to fulfil the following conditions due to the following reasons:
- The Railway Recruitment Board has the right to reject the candidate at any stage of application if the criteria are not completely or partially met.
- If the candidate is already appointed, he/she may be removed if the information is not in order.
- If a candidate’s eligibility certificate is pending to be issued, he/she may be allowed to appear for the exam but may be required to produce it before an offer of appointment is given.
The detailed information about the four aspects of the eligibility criteria is as follows:
Group D Age Limit
The RRB has provided a certain age limit beyond which a candidate cannot appear for the exam. The candidates willing to appear for the RRC examination should be between 18 to 33 years of age.
The age limit of the candidate till 1st July 2022 needs to be calculated. Hence, if you turn 18 before or are of 33 years till 1st of July, then you are eligible to appear for this exam.
However, there are certain relaxations given to the candidates belonging to OBC or SC/ST category. Candidates will need to check the official notification and produce original documents to avail this relaxation.
RRB Group D Educational Qualification
The Railway Recruitment Board requires the candidates to have a certain level of education if they are willing to apply for the examination. They are:
- Candidates must have completed their Class 10 from a government recognized school/institution / board
- Candidates must have received an ITI or diploma from a recognized institution/board
- Candidates holding a Tech or B.E degree in Engineering from a recognized institution/university can also apply for the exam
Visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to get a comprehensive knowledge about the eligibility criteria for the RRB Group D examination.
RRB Group D Nationality
Only candidates who meet the following nationality requirements will be permitted to take the examination. A candidate who meets the following criteria:
From and before January 1, 1962,
- An Indian citizen,
- A citizen of Nepal,
- A citizen from Bhutan
- A refugee from Tibet who has settled permanently in India
- A person of Indian origin migrated to India from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, or various countries from South Africa
If a candidate falls into categories (2), (3), (4), or (5), he or she must produce a valid certificate of citizenship or any other required documentation as requested by the recruiting board of the Railways.
RRB Group D Medical Examination
In the same way that the railway board has specified educational requirements, the RRB Group D medical requirements have been specified in the notification. Candidates who are called for DV – document verification must pass the Railway Administration’s required medical fitness test(s).
Medical fitness tests are used to ensure that candidates are medically fit to perform the duties of the position they have chosen. One of the most important medical fitness criteria for railway employees is their visual acuity.
It is important to have the relevant information and to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the RRB Group D exam. Seeking guidance from relevant sources online and accessing the latest resources from the BYJU’S Exam Prep app or website can help you receive the latest notifications about the exam.