ESOMAR-certified Future Market Insights (FMI) predicts that the cabin interior market will grow at 2.70% CAGR over the 2021-2031 forecast period. This market is highly competitive, with United Technologies Corporation, Safran S.A., Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG, Honeywell International, Inc., HAECO Group, Panasonic Avionics Corporation capturing around 50% of global market share.
International Civil Aviation Organization states that the market for cabin interiors has been significantly affected by low-cost aircraft carriers in the air transport sector. The market is driven by a growing tourism sector, increased air traffic, and increasing flight iteration.
In the coming years, there will be a surge in new aircraft orders as well as a rising demand for in-flight entertainment systems and aesthetic lighting systems. The increasing demand for cabin interiors that are custom-made, luxurious, and comfortable, as well as smart and stylish seating systems, is expected to drive the cabin interior market.
The growth potential for the global cabin interior market will be lucrative if there are new manufacturing facilities established in emerging countries.
The COVID-19 pandemic caused disruption in the aviation industry by the imposition of lockdowns and suspensions of international and domestic flights around the world. Market growth is being impeded by an increase in aircraft weight, strict safety regulations and a lack of profitable airline services for emerging companies.
Key Takeaways From FMI’s Study of the Aircraft Cabin Interior Market
- The U.S. cabin interior market will grow rapidly thanks to the rapid production of commercial aircrafts, presence of top market players and increased foreign direct investment.
- Russia’s automotive aircraft cabin interior will grow at a healthy pace due to increased foreign aircraft delivery and growing demand for maintenance and overhaul of many components.
- China’s development of narrow-body aircrafts and the establishment of production centres in China will increase the market for cabin interiors.
- India’s growth in aviation cabin interior sales will be driven by rising government initiatives and increasing per capita income.
- The growth of the aircraft galley market will be aided by rapid modernization of aircraft interiors and components, retrofitting interior cabins and increasing demand for maintenance, overhaul, and repair of aircrafts using innovative materials.
- The growth of the aftermarket for cabin interiors is further accelerated by the increasing demand for commercial aircrafts, the growing preference of consumers to fly and the growing trend towards customized interiors.
“Rapid increase in air passenger traffic, high demand for new planes will create novel growth possibilities for aircraft cabin interior markets growth throughout the forecast period,” said the FMI analyst.
Safety regulations restrict the entry of new market players into the aviation component manufacturing industry. Partnerships to draw on field expertise and a long development cycle will encourage new market players.
Market players are working hard to maintain a sustainable supply chain in an ever-changing aerospace industry. OEMs collaborate with small companies that are experts in seat and lighting manufacturing.
Market leaders are working to overcome delivery delays by increasing their supplier base. They also look for strategic acquisitions and new product development to penetrate emerging markets.
Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG designed a new cabin for Airbus A320neo Familie in June 2021 on behalf of Airbus. The cabin has a larger luggage compartment and more comfortable seating.
Diehl Aviation also designed new cabin linings and a unique lighting concept, which was complemented by touch-free lavatories.
The major players in the market for aircraft cabin interiors are United Technologies Corporation. Zodiac Aerospace S.A.., HAECO Group. Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG. Aviointeriors S.p.A. Geven S.p.A. Bucher Group. Panasonic Avionics Corporation.