Sweating helps our body to battle against infection and balances our hormones when we get stress. When normal everyday sweating becomes excessive, this means that the body is sweating more than it needs to. Excessive sweating under the armpits can cause lots of embarrassment, it can limit our social activities, limit the clothes we can comfortably wear and massively affect our confidence and self-esteem.
There are many reasons why we sweat:
- During hot weather – We sweat when we get hot or humid weather, and as the sweat evaporates, we cool down.
- Illness – When we have a fever we tend to perspire, this is our body’s way of fighting off an infection.
- Exercising – When we work out or exercise, our body temperature rises and to get rid of the extra heat, we sweat.
- Menopause – Our body’s internal temperature gauge rises when our oestrogen levels drop.
Capsaicin is the compound that gives the heat to spicy food and when we eat it, it makes us sweat.
Severe sweating that we can’t control with an antiperspirants, is also known as hyperhidrosis. Worrying about the condition often makes it worse, as once we start thinking about sweating, it then causes us to worry, which can then actually make the sweating worse. Botox injections are usually use for treating facial wrinkles, but it’s also used to treat excessive sweating.
Cosmetic clinic’s will offer botox injection treatment for hyperhidrosis, performed by a fully trained practitioner who will use a very fine needle to inject small amounts of botox under the skin near the sweat glands, which are responsible for excess perspiration and it works by blocking transmission of the nerve impulses to the sweat glands, slowing down the amount you sweat.
Botox benefits for excessive underarm sweating:
- Excessive sweating and the odour are completely eliminate
- The treatment offers immediate relief
- Repeat injections can easily keep up the results
- Unlike with medication, there aren’t any negative side effects
- Injectable treatment, non-surgical and no downtime
- It’s more cost-effective than using oral tablets
In most cases the results of botox treatment for excessive sweating takes effect within a matter of days, and the results can last up to nine to twelve months, with repeat treatments often lasting longer. You’ll be able to resume normal activities after your treatment, but you should avoid strenuous activities for twenty-four hours. You might feel slightly bruised in the injection areas for one to two days after your treatment.
If you need help choosing a cosmetic procedure, we provide an extensive range of cosmetic procedures for the face and body: Botox, Vaser Lipo, Lip Augmentation, Dermal Fillers and many more treatments, to help create a younger, slimmer, more youthful looking you!
The Selston Cosmetic Clinic is located in Selston.
Nottingham, where we offer a bespoke service with a personalised touch and deliver high client satisfaction. We have been involve in the cosmetic industry for over 10 years